[Coco] The next coco3.....wish list

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Sat Oct 4 18:21:13 EDT 2014

On 5/10/2014 8:50 AM, Mark McDougall wrote:
> On 4/10/2014 11:09 PM, Francis Swygert wrote:
>
>> Would be nice if someone would offer a programming service
>> for the DE-1 board. I send you a board, you program and send me back a
>> ready to go "CoCo4". Or sell the boards ready to go That's all some
>> need,
>> they just don't want to or can't program and set up the DE-1.
>
> It would take far longer for someone to package up a DE-1 for postage,
> then go down to the post office and send it off, than learn how to
> program it.

Not to mention the periodic updates required as more features and bug
fixes are introduced.

Could get really expensive and the risk of losing/damaging the DE-1 in
the post wouldn't warrant it.

Programming is done in a matter of seconds once a DE-1 has been linked
to a PC/Mac.

Let's concentrate on someone actually creating the code in the first
place (or finishing the current CoCo3FPGA project).

Nick