[Coco] video composite on korean coco 26-3134A

Michael Rowen mike at borncoco.com
Fri Oct 3 08:20:05 EDT 2014

John is indeed correct. I have built the simple circuit that includes a 1372 that connects to the signal from the 6847. It works well on every monitor I've used with a CoCo 2. The circuit is in the data sheet for the 6847. I have not had the time to create a PCB with Eagle. Some CoCos have the 6847 socketed, so it would be easy to make a board that plugs into that 40 pin socket, with the 6847 plugging into the board. CoCo 2s with a soldered 6847, would require 7-8 clip leads, but can be done. I have bread boarded this on a CoCo 2. This was the same method used by the Colorware adapter. I scored one of these at last year's CoCo fest. Its circuit uses more caps, but the principle is the same. I have not found any significant quality differences using the reference circuit. Clean and sharp. Any Eagle experts with some time on their hands to create the PCB files?? :) It will probably be Christmas time before I get the chunk of time to tackle this. I'm a newbie with Eaglecad. I'll try to post a video this weekend.

Cheers,
Mike Rowen