[Coco] Design files for 512k or more CoCo3 upgrade

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Sun Nov 30 08:38:32 EST 2014

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gene Heskett"

> On Sunday 30 November 2014 00:13:52 Zippster did opine
> And Gene did reply:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> From what I’ve picked up, it seems like the CoCo1 and 2 are
>> limited to 64k maximum.  Is this true, or has anyone ever made larger
>> memory upgrades?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Ed
>
> There was, I faintly recall, a 256k made for the coco1 & 2's, called the
> Bankster or some such.  I used to see it advertised in the Rainbow.  But
> that is about it that I can recall now.
>
> Has anyone got one and is using it, testimony please?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> --

I acquired a copy of the J&R Banker for the CoCo 1 back in the mid 1990s.
It requires background software to work in basic and IMO adds little
utility.  Under OS-9 Level 1 it requires a patch and helps considerably with
a RAM disk.  I have not had any luck finding out what needs modifying with
NitrOS9 Level 1.

Bruce W.

---