[Coco] New 64-color RGB test chart program (re: RGB2VGA adapter)

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 00:05:43 EST 2014

if it cannot distinguish the voltage difference between the 2 colors, then
the LUT is useless.

The color spectrum is being divided by 8, and you have 8 levels of red,
green and only 4 for blue. This makes a 256 colors. I have a 3 bit linear
R2R DAC that is used to test each color component: R, G and B.

But some coco3 colors could be borderline in one or more components, what
make it very difficult to capture all the colors.

Start finding the noise problem. As I told you remove this lm1881 it's
totally useless for the coco3 and could potentially generate noise.

For better colors, we would need a better DAC that could reproduce all
coco3 voltages. What can be done: for each color, make a full screen and
try to measure on the scope what voltage each R, G and B have. Once we know
all the voltages for all colors, we can make a DAC that could reproduce all
these voltage levels to test. But this is a daunting task...

Luis Felipe Antoniosi