[Coco] Does anyone have a Level3 disk that actually boots?

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sat Nov 29 07:31:27 EST 2014

Aaron, I've yet to try any experiments, but I was thinking of trying to put the dw sub in the system area, then rbdw in RBF, and scdwn in SCF. But until Bill Nobel gets the code up to 3.3.0 standards (if he can), I doubt it will work at all since the Level 3 code is based on Nitros9 1.2.1 or 1.2.2.
A while back, I tried dw4 installed in a very early nitros9 release (pre 2.0.0 I think) as well as vanilla OS9 and neither would boot. It's probably a small problem with a call to something that has been added or moved since then and could probably be fixed to work on vanilla. One of the few "system" modules I've seen that will work on all versions of OS9/NitrOS9 is EmuDsk, so I know it can be done.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com