[Coco] Question on os9's copy

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Thu Nov 27 21:31:07 EST 2014

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Greetings all;
>
> Has anyone but me noticed that the copy util seems to have a very small
> target string buffer?
>
> It appears to work well with the long paths you get when running a dsave,
> but if the target is overlong, it doesn't bitch, but it does not do the
> copy either.
>
> What are others experience with this?
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

I guess it depends on what you consider a long path name. :)

The source code seems to imply that the source and destination file names are
left in the parameter area and specific starts and lengths of the names are
stored in the direct page.
If this is correct, then the maximum length of the path names are most likely
determined by the shell.

Robert