[Coco] Yet Another Disk Pak Issue (was Re: Help reviving an old CoCo 2)

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Wed Nov 26 23:55:46 EST 2014

I'd still try the pencil eraser method, rubbing until the pins look shiny.
If you aren't going to do this 3 times a week or something, I wouldn't
worry about abrasiveness.

If that fails, another possibility, especially since 2 different
controllers are giving you a problem, is that the problem might be
associated with the 6809 CPU.  I've seen cases where a flaky CPU can give
rise to problems only when a disk controller is in use.  If you have
another CoCo and the CPU is socketed, try swapping in the other CPU
(doesn't matter if it is from a CoCo 3 or a CoCo 1/2), and see if that
helps.

Art