[Coco] Preliminary Support for SDC in HDBDOS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 18:03:01 EST 2014

I sent the last reply to Art by mistake, so I repeat....
So I was wrong.... shoot me and get it over with.

I was only repeating what I was told when we were discussing putting dw4 virtual port functions into hdbdos a while back.
Personally, I would love to have room to play with that idea and a few others as well. A few hooks here and there would make virtual printing to dw4 and native dw4 MIDI possible. Game developement could benifit from that as well.
For that matter, hdbdos could have several more "versions" than there is already. Some could be combined... CocoSDC & IDE/SCSI would be one that some could use.
I use RSDOS only once in a while, but occassionally, I pull up those old disks and run some games, play some MID on Lyra, or mess with EDTASM.
Most days, my Coco or emulator rarely sees RSDOS past the "DOS" :-)
Even my real Coco 3 will boot straight into NitrOS9 if left unattended after powerup.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com