[Coco] What are you using for your CoCo 1/2 display

Zippster zippster278 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:08:42 EST 2014

I’m using a Composite board I put together based on the
well known MC6847 data sheet circuit right now.

I copied the circuit from the CoCo2 factory composite board,
which has a more involved circuit, and a little bit better output.
It also uses the channel switch for B&W - Color modes (looks like
it disables the clock input to the 1372 to achieve that).
I’m waiting on boards from OSHPark.  It will be a RF modulator replacement
just as the factory board.

Also working on a component board for the 6847, though I’ve been
tied up making CoCo SDC’s for a while.

I have some ideas starting to brew of a VGA board using a CPLD and
MCU similar to Koichi Nishida’s Apple 2 VGA adapter.

- Ed