[Coco] DCHECK misfeature?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Nov 24 19:43:06 EST 2014

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Is DCHECK (NitrOS9 v 030300) coded to write its work files on the disk under
> test? This seems to be a bit wrong to me, since DCHECK is looking for potential
> problems on the disk that's being tested.
>
> In my view it would be better to save the work file to the current directory. I
> know that DCHECK has an option -w=path, but if you forget....
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Bob,

Dcheck should write saved files into the current directory of the screen that
called the command. If the drive is so damaged that creating more files would be
fatal, it is likely dcheck won't help much. You likely will need a special PC
program to check the low level format and the equivalent of a SMART status if
available.
In any case, the best dcheck can do automatically is use the current directory.

Robert