[Coco] Help reviving an old CoCo 2

didier derny didier at aida.org
Mon Nov 24 16:00:26 EST 2014

Most of the parts are available from www.utsource.com for some and www.jameco.com for others
So except if it was mechanically damaged or if burnt it is probably possible to repair it...

For my coco 2 I made a coco 2 "repair box" with a spare for each parts

If you want I can check my invoice an tell you where I found each specific part...

For the video I made a composite video interface with the schematics available on the web.
For the cassette, I used my sound card with 2 cables founds on amazon.

My 16k coco2  looked liked dead now it is working perfectly
- 64k ram
- composite video (perhaps ypbpr later)
- cassette connected on a PC
- drivewire with cloud9 cable
- cocoSDC for the disk
- later I'll connect a homemade Bluetooth keyboard
  (so I'll be able to switch video/keyboard and use my pc keyboard / screen for the PC and the Coco

I think it would be a shame to reduce a coco2 to a pile of spare parts...

--
Didier