[Coco] Does anyone have a Level3 disk that actually boots?

Bill Nobel b_nobel at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 22 23:30:08 EST 2014

Hi Robert,  I do have a couple a copies from Alan Dekok and Bob Devries.  They don’t boot on my VCC because of hardware config differences, but I have been disassembling them to be able to rebuild a working copy.  I have so far discovered that the main modules for Alan's mod for separate SCF/RBF pages is contained in OS9P1, Nitros9 and IOMAN modules.  I haven’t got to SCF/RBF for decoding, but the way I see at the moment they are stock Nitros9 from a earlier version.

The boot disk has to be made a specific way, which I have been, so far unsuccessful.  I am sure there are other differences yet to come in the other modules.  I have seen a few odd coding things from Alan so far that is quite different than L2 release (comparing to v3.3.0)

I am putting all the code i decode with merged comments from the actual Nitros9 repo code in a GitHub repo.  I don’t want to give the link up to the list yet, as this is a expert level OS9 user thing and the code is not yet compilable, to meet Alan’s copy for the core kernel.  But if someone is interested PM me and I will let you into it, just don’t make it public, as I don’t want mass email with why it won’t compile, etc….

Bill Nobel