[Coco] Help loading cassette data on a CoCo 2

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat Nov 22 14:55:03 EST 2014

Hi,

So I have a .cas file and have used xroar to convert it to a .wav using
the instructions at

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.hardware.tandy.coco/75033

xroar -load Pooyan.cas -tape-rewrite -tape-write Pooyan.wav
(then type CLOADM in the emulator, the WAV file will be written as it
loads the CAS file)

I put the WAV file on my phone, typed CLOADM on the CoCo, and started
playback with the black connector in the phone's headset jack.

I seemed to find the right volume range, but had trouble -

When I type CLOADM, an S appears in the upper-left corner.

At a certain volume, when I start playback, the S turns black but it
stays that way and never loads the file.

At a slightly different volume, the S turns black, but then after a few
seconds, I get an I/O error.

At all other volumes, the S never turns black.

Thoughts?

John