[Coco] Hardware

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 10:06:53 EST 2014

Chester, I agree.  I have a 1-meg and my Coco3 and I run 2-megs on the emulators. There is a HUGE difference in programming and performance. And anyone who has run a 1-2 meg system would agree. 512k is good for running 1 program with graphics, but to really get serious multi-tasking going, 1-2 meg makes it work sooo much better. I know of 1 person that was trying to replicate the disto upgrades, but I think that was put aside for another project (for now).
My MShell project will utilize the extra memory when it's present an it makes MShell run smoother as I can load all the modules in memory and still have room for all the virtual memory buffers it uses. With 512k the modules have to be loaded from disk on each use therefore slowing things down.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com