[Coco] CocoSDC & NitrOS-9 Drivers

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Thu Nov 20 07:34:23 EST 2014

Hi Darren!

I've been experimenting with my new CocoSDC SD Memory Card controller
NitrOS-9.  So far I love how the CocoSDC works and I'm enjoying learning how
to use it and adapting the CocoSDC NitrOS-9 environment to my needs, wants
and interests.

I have created a loadable module containing all the drivers and descriptors
necessary to communicate with DW4 drives and SuperIDE drives which means the
Glenside IDE Controller will work also.  I've tested this by issuing a dir
/i0 command to see a directory of my CF card on my SuperIDE controller and
issuing a dir /x0 command with a dsk file loaded in Drive 0 of DW4 to see a
directory of a vhd file and all worked flawlessly!  Thank you Darren for the
CocoSDC!  I love it!  This is very cool stuff!  I can just about copy a file
from anywhere to anywhere!

Now for the drives that are left that I can't communicate with.  I
understand how the SDC-DOS drives 0-1 work with DSK files on the SD Card and
how SDC-DOS drives 2-3 work for DW4 drives and how to turn off a drive so
the real floppy is accessible in SDC-DOS.

Will you also be adding more drive number capability into SDC-DOS so more
disk image files can be accessible simultaneously from within SDC-DOS and
thus have all the drives also accessible from within NitrOS-9 as well?

How do I access real floppy drives from NitrOS-9?  In the past I issued a
poke &HFF7F,&H23 in Basic so I could access the floppy drives from my
SuperIDE controller.  I know this is not needed with the CocoSDC since it
seeks out the floppy controller automatically.  What method do I need to use
now?  I think we need access to dsk/sdf image files as well as access to
real floppy drives all at the same time.

I think the CocoSDC is one of the best if not the best online large storage
solution for our beloved Cocos ever!  Thank you Darren for designing it!
You are an awesome hardware and software guy.  I really appreciate your
efforts.  Now to get some more accomplished on some of my other projects.  I
love playing with my toys, but I guess I need to get some work done too.  :)
Take care my friend.

Kip Koon

 <mailto:computerdoc at sc.rr.com> computerdoc at sc.rr.com

 <http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/Kip_Koon>