[Coco] MShell Update - Even Newer Version

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Nov 18 10:41:21 EST 2014

I fixed the disk that Nick mentioned on my site.
I have uploaded the new version and there have been some suggested changes and quite a few bug fixes.
The OS9 dirs now open with one "short" click. A "long" (hold the button down a second or two) click will open the "Dir Context Menu".
There have also been a couple of more changes... Robert Gault had informed me of a problem when using MShell on a different drive other than "/dd" and I fixed that one, but may have one or two more similar instances. If you don't have "/dd" as your default drive and MShell fails, let me know and I'll fix it.

The new disk is on my site at:
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/mshell---the-ultimate-os-9-gui

AND PLEASE READ THE TEXT FILE....
No has yet to comment on the PC file transfers, because they are not reading the text file and do not know how to set them up. It's all in the text file.

If you are using the version I uploaded yesterday (v1.0.2r), and your dw4 server has internet access (already online), just (from the main screen) hit 'u' and 'u' again and follow the prompts. MShell will update itself.
When using the updater, pay no attention to the version numbers please...
Also, after updating, MShell MUST be restarted. Exit MShell and wait just a few seconds as it gives time for the dw4 to finish "settling" the data on the drive. Then restart MShell.
You will still want the disk as it includes the text file with the key code changes listed.
If you have problems with the updater, let me know. Also if the updater says "Not Implemented" then you have an old version and need to go to the link above and get the disk.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com