[Coco] CocoSDC booting OS9

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Mon Nov 17 22:20:41 EST 2014

Brett Gordon wrote:
> That sounds like a fine idea!  It's just a matter of changing OS9 and
> BASIC to agree to do something different.

I don't have the SDC and don't know how it is supposed to work. If it supports
HDBDOS and can accept a .vhd such as is used by a real Coco, the JCV, MESS, and
VCC emulators, then it is trivial to place a 35-track single sided "disk" in the
Disk Basic portion of the .vhd. That is your OS-9 boot disk and there is no need
to worry that OS-9 and Basic use different directory structures.

You can also set up the boot disk for automatic booting at turn on, if you only
use OS-9.

Robert