[Coco] This is....is....is....

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Mon Nov 17 17:10:22 EST 2014

Yeah, I think we discussed that before as one possible avenue for the
mythical 21st century CoCo. The nifty thing about the Chameleon is that it
not only plugs into the Commodore 64 so the original computer can use its
features, but also works as a stand alone enhanced Commodore 64 computer.
Those kinds of things are relatively common on vintage platforms with
modern user communities the size of the C-64's, which of course also
receives great benefit from being quite popular in Europe (and Eastern
Europe), where a lot of the better offerings originate from.

Maybe because of the architecture of the CoCo, the best we'll do in terms
of enhancements is probably the modest improvements from the Hitachi
63B09E, right? I just don't know enough to know what's possible or not, but
I have to admit I'm quite interested if someone could do a legitimate
thought experiment.

-Bill

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade, Inc.
<http://www.armchairarcade.com>
Authored Books
<http://www.amazon.com/Bill-Loguidice/e/B001U7W3YS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_1> and