[Coco] DWTCPDevice cannot be cast to DWSerialDevice

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 10:04:19 EST 2014

Drivewire uses the standard *major.minor**[.build[.revision]]* version
system.

4 is the major, 3 is the minor, 3 is the build, and O is the revision.  The
previous revision was N.  The next would be P.

4.3.3O is the current version.

I think there has been confusion because an O on a Coco VDG screen looks
like a zero if you aren't too familiar with the character set, and the
about screen in DW uses a VDG screen to display the version.

The version is also displayed on the console when the server starts, in the
log file, on the GUI screen at startup if you are viewing the command
screen, during the "check for new version" wizard, and can be displayed any
time from GUI or the CoCo in OS9 using the DW command.  All of these would
probably use a less ambiguous font for the letter O.