[Coco] MShell The Ultimate OS9 File Manager

Aaron manney at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 06:32:27 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com
> wrote:

> Aaron, you especially need to run MShell, you started this whole thing for
> me when I was coding Sound Chaser, which, btw, will be eventually
> incorperated as an MShell module (90% done).
> I actually acomplished getting MShell to WRITE to the PC HD (thanks to a
> comment by you :-)
> I can move a file to the PC, copy it back, reset the attributes, and run
> it! Windows of course doesn't preserve the attributes as they don't follow
> the file when copying to another file system.
> You can also mount VHDs & DSKs in DW4 from MShell just like DW4Man did,
> but MUCH more.
> I'm still tightening up the dw4 prsr, but I think it works good now.
>

> Mshell has the best GUI since Ultimuse3.

Bill,

I think I'm "The Other Aaron."  Or known as Manny/Mannequin, which is why I
sign as '-M.' at the bottom of my emails.  I wish I could have been that
big of a help to you, but I'm thinking you're speaking about Aaron Wolfe?

Having said that, I'm 100% behind your MShell project.  I want it to
succeed because of the huge (IMHO) gap we have with good GUIs and file
managers in the OS-9/NitrOS-9 arena.  This is why I've paid attention when
you have an update.  :)

I'd offer to help, but I'm a language whore and find it difficult to settle
on one programming language (doesn't matter the platform.)  Therefore, I
can't say that I have enough experience to create (or help with) many/any
projects such as this.  It's also quite hard to test projects like this
because I lack any CoCo hardware, as it's 4000 miles away.  (The wife would
go crazy if I did have access to it, anyway. ;) )

But, please persevere.  Don't give up on this project after sinking a year
in to this.

-M.