[Coco] MShell The Ultimate OS9 File Manager

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Sun Nov 16 02:53:11 EST 2014

The biggest problem with MShell is it supporting OS9, RSDOS, and PC file systems all in one program (or suite of programs). It's a hell of a lot of code and sacrifices were made to get it to work. One such sacrifice is error trapping... of which there's very little of. If MShell hits a disk error, it'll probably crash LOL. This is one reason I tried to eliminate user input and all choices are from known sources.
Also trying to copy RSDOS or PC files with illegal names (spaces, @#$%^&*() etc) will probably NOT be a good idea. I will eventually add a "copy as" function to allow renaming on the copy, but that's later after I get what's woking to be stable.

And to think, I was getting ready to post that I was dropping the project due to lack of interest.
I've learned a lot about OS9 and a lot about file systems while working on MShell. Ihope to stretch it much further with new modules.

Oh... Brett... How did it work reading Linux files from the server? I still can't get it to do it in linux in a VM.
Windows file systems read like a charm though. I still need someone with a Mac DW4 server to test it.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com