[Coco] VED & VPrint

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri Nov 14 20:43:09 EST 2014

Nick Marentes wrote:
> On 15/11/2014 9:05 AM, Bob Devries wrote:
>> Which emulator are you using?
>> I found that the disk works fine on VCC, but not on MESS.
>>
>> It's probably the age old change from 5.25" descriptors to 3.5" descriptors.
>> That's a change I studiously avoided, since I have only 5.25" disk drives.
>>
>> Regards, Bob Devries
>> Dalby, QLD, Australia
>
> I've tried to make this one work first time by not using my CoCo-SDC.
>
> I'm using VCC with a NitrOS-9 image loaded as Drive 1 and the VED image loaded
> as Drive 2.
>
> The NitrOS-9 image is the one labelled "nos96309l2v030300coco3_80d".
>
> Nick

Nick,

I think you are not telling us something. :)

I have tested VED with MESS and VCC, both will load the program from the
original disk and run it. If you are getting a 214 error, when trying to start
VED, then you may have changed the attributes for that file.
What method did you use to move the program and files to your boot disk, if
that's what you did? There is a script on the disk that is supposed to install
VED on a disk in drive0 when the master disk is in drive1. However, there is a
problem which the script. The path names are wrong!

The script assumes the directories CMDS, SCR, MACROS, and DOCS are in the root
directory. They are not! They are in directory VED_2.9 .
If you want to use the script, you will need to edit it. Alternatively, you
could use dsave to move each directory to your boot disk.
Depending on what directory you are in when trying to use the script, you may
get a 214 error. The attributes of a script not in the current directory must be
set for execution or it will not run.
attr copyfiles e pe
The above would be prevent any 214 errors when using the script after correcting
the path names.

Robert