[Coco] Accessing the serial port from Basic

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 16:55:25 EST 2014

As others have mentioned there is no serial input built into basic.  The
Rainbow had several articles with ways to do this however.  You can
redirect the basic console to the serial port, then regular input
statements work.  I recall having a lot of fun with this long ago.  As I
recall its limited to 300bps or so.  There was a series of articles called
"make your own BBS" or similar that included this functionality.  I suspect
it started in one of the annual Telecom issues but sorry I dont recall
which year.