[Coco] Window Writer for OS-9

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 19:04:09 EST 2014

If you want a good graphic text editor in OS9, just use "Ed 3.1", and no, it's not "sled", "scred", "lined", or any other of the editors. It was written by Mike Sweet who gave us the "CGFX7" C graphics programming library and others.
Ed 3.1 is 80 column graphics, menu (mouse) driven, cut/copy/paste, find/replace, 80/160 columns, choice of colors, insert/overstrike modes, file merge and large buffer (slightly bigger than tsedit). Setup is simple, put the file in your cmds folder and type "ed" or "ed <pathlist>". It couldn't be simpler.

You do need CoWin in your boot (Who switched cowin for cogrf in the rep disks? Bad decision) and also, you nee stdfonts, stdptrs and stdpats in memory (same as any graphics oriented text program)

Ed 3.1 is available on RTSI:
ftp://os9archive.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/APPS/Ed_3_1.lzh

Or on my site:
https://sites.google.com/site/dabarnstudio/favorite-os9-utilities

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/