[Coco] Help retrieving Coco disk images

Tom Seagrove tjseagrove at writeme.com
Wed Nov 12 14:03:34 EST 2014

One-on-One was a basketball game and played for many hours while our ship was out to sea.  Even included the ability to shatter the backboard!!

On Nov 12, 2014, at 12:43 PM, John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:

Hi folks,

I was a Coco II (Disk Extended BASIC) user way back when.  I am
currently trying to preserve what data I had on those disks.

To do so, I have assembled a DOS machine out of old parts, including a
real 1.2MB FDD that works.  I have the COCO2EMU with its RETRIEVE.EXE.
I also have version 1.3 of RETRIEVE.EXE.

Both of them have only been able to read a single disk without errors: a
factory Tandy disk labeled "One-on-One".  I have no memory of what that is.

On all my other disks, it generates a read error for sector 1 of every
track.  That is, if I ignore the error, it will read the rest of that
track's sectors but generate an error on sector 1 of the next track.
(Or perhaps it is ignoring the entire track and doing nothing at all...)

Any ideas of what I might try here?

Thanks,

John