[Coco] Help, a tale of 2 coco's

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Wed Nov 12 11:26:30 EST 2014

The original Coco 1s had a different cable. It actually had a connector o the ribbon cable end where as later, they went to the straight "plug the ribbon cable into the slot" format that persisted through the Coco 3.
So, if you have one of the Coco 1s that has a connector on the end of the cable, the Coco 2 cable will require an adapter (RS used to sell them).
My Coco 1 has such a cable and cannot be switched with my Coco 2 without an adapter (which I don't have).
The Coco 1 connector has the ribbon cable entering into the "front" of a black conntector which plugs into the socket on the motherboard. In the Coco 2, the ribbon cable enters the motherboard (with no connector of the ribbon cable) through the top of the motherboard connector. You just pull it straight up (carefully) and it will come out.
If the Coco 1 cable connection looks the same as the Coco 2 cable connection, then pull it straight up. If not, it most likely has the connector.

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com