[Coco] Last video I promise... :)

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 07:02:08 EST 2014

I needed a framebuffer because I couldn't make it to work without it. The
GIME clock gets out of the sync with the VGA timing and I ended up having a
rolling screen.

The pixel clocks are not mutiple. While the GIME pixel clock is 14.318Mhz,
the VGA pixel clock is 25.175Mhz

My converter needs a pixel perfect representation of the screen in order to
reconstruct the artifact modes. If I sample the screen using a different
clock pixel than a NTSC multiple I get a pixelated screen that is not
possible to make any artifact.

Having a framebuffer in the middle gives me freedom to each component to
work at their own speeds. Also, this solves the problem to convert from
50Hz to VGA 60Hz. I have a french coco2 peritel that does RGB SCART in 50Hz
and a MSX computer that can operate in 50Hz NTSC.

Luis Felipe Antoniosi