[Coco] XRoar failure

Ciaran Anscomb cocomalt at 6809.org.uk
Tue Nov 11 16:41:15 EST 2014

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get XRoar (v0.32-w64) working on my Windows8.1 box, but
> while it loads up fine, and gives me the DECB banner and a prompt,
> selecting File->Drive1->Insert Disk does absolutely nothing. I've tried
> running as administrator, but that doesn't change anything.
>
> Does anyone have experience with this?

There is (still) a problem with the menus - sometimes a selection doesn't
"take", and I've no idea why (I'm not a Windows programmer).  In Wine
at least, usually just trying again works...  But if all else files,
Ctrl+1 is the shortcut to insert into drive 1.

Suspect it will be better to just remove the menus rather than have
them half working, unless anyone can pile in with some Windows GUI
programming advice.  For whatever reason, the events don't make it to
the SDL application - sometimes.

..ciaran