[Coco] DriveWire 4 seg fault under Linux Mint...

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 10:32:45 EST 2014

Ugh.. now I remember why I didn't take action on some of those.. i just
really dont know what is the right thing to do.

Standard DW behavior for reading beyond the end of the file is to succeed
and return Os.  That's been the behavior since long before I became
involved.   There is a setting I added to make this fail but I can't make
it the default without breaking compatibility with previous versions.

That's not as bad as the "files must be sized to sanely match sector size"
issue.. DW only reads and writes sectors so what should it so with a file
that doesn't align to sectors?  Refuse to serve up the incomplete sector,
or pad it with zeros, make it read only, ?  The current model is all about
the sectors, no mechanisms for communicating to the coco whether we have a
full sector or not so it can't make the call on thst side as needed.

I don't want to break compatibility or create a scenario where files are
getting trashed without the user wanting them to be.  What's the correct
approach on these?