[Coco] "VideoPak" hardware question

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 9 18:22:39 EST 2014

On 10/11/2014 10:10 AM, nickma2 at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> And if it were done, you wouldn't be seeing much in the way of
> graphics programs. The larger memory requirements of VGA is more work
> for our 1.79Mhz 8bit CPU.
>
> The question I ask is, when does a CoCo cease becoming a CoCo?

Which is what I have been saying all along. It's one thing to enhance the
GIME's functionality with suitable capabilities (eg sprites, which are
actually designed to decrease the CPU's workload) but to replace it
altogether with non-compatible over-the-top graphics power is... well...
pointless IMHO. Why not just use an Amiga in that case?

Regards,