[Coco] vim for coco3 os9 is now in Genes-os9-stf

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sun Nov 9 15:13:11 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 06:27:40PM +0200, J Arcane wrote:
> Thanks! Playing with it a bit now, and ran into two things:

> 2) I see what you mean about it being not very impressive. Missing lambdas
> and macros is a bit ... un-lispy. :P
>
> Do like that they offer head and tail as alternates to car/cdr. They're
> second nature to me now, but they are one of those oddities of older Lisps
> that can be a bit offputting.

Yeah, XLISP1 is sorta strange. Actually I like the C-style I/O
functions I'm more used to C than Lisp. To me the big hole in XLISP1
is that as an interactive interpreter it kinda sucks and there's no
way to save lists (esp. functions!) to disk. :-( I've looked at the
internal code, and I'd have to study it a while before I understood it
enough to change things.

Unfortunately XLISP 2, which is more featureful and more like Common
LISP, is a *lot* larger and would be a questionable port to OS-9.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
  -- R.E. Howard