[Coco] NitrOS9 Bootfile Dependacy Tree

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Nov 9 12:03:27 EST 2014

On Sunday 09 November 2014 09:03:32 Bill Pierce via Coco did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Ok, I've completed the dependacy tree but only for NOS9 L2. This should
> be usable on 6809 & 6309 machines as all of these files exist for both
> versions (though some are just 6809) and are all on both distro disks
> formats. I included the dependacies for EmuDsk and it's descriptors
> even though they are not included on the distro disks, but are
> compiled with the repo and can be found at "3rdparty/drivers'emudsk".
> These really should be moved to the modules folders as they are used
> as much as any driver there. I suspect there are many more emulator
> users than real Coco users. Here is the list
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23059963/NitrOS9/NitrOS9_L2_BootFil
> e_Dependacy_Tree.txt

This part is wrong:
	myram.dr
	MyRam Dynamic Ramdisk Driver by Gene Heskett

		(1 required for myram.dr)
		myram_r0_24k.dd
		MyRam Ramdisk Drive descriptor 24k - /r0

		myram_r0_48k.dd
		MyRam Ramdisk Drive descriptor 48k - /r0

		myram_r0_96k.dd
		MyRam Ramdisk Drive descriptor 96k (512k only) - /r0

		myram_r0_128k.dd
		MyRam Ramdisk Drive descriptor 128k (512k only) - /r0

		myram_r0_256k.dd
		MyRam Ramdisk Drive descriptor 256k (512k only) - /r0

		myram_r0_512k.dd
		MyRam Ramdisk Drive descriptor 512k (1-2 meg only) - /r0

*

The only descriptor needed is mr0.dd. Use dmode and adjust the cyl= to
control its size which is incremented in 8kdat image blocks. s/b a doc
file explaining that, someplace.  If not, the readme and the whole package
is on my web page.  Those descriptors are for "rammer" I believe.

> I will try to put together the same for L1 and the different Coco 1 & 2
> models soon, and No, I will not be doing the Dagon trees at the moment
> as I have no Dragon and know very little about them. If I get froggy
> and decide to play with XRoar's Dragon emulation, I may do that list
> too as I know it's a little different.
>

> Please take a look at the list and see if anything is wrong or needs to
> be changed and I will make edits.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

> Co-Webmaster of The TRS-80 Color Computer Archive
> http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
> E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)