[Coco] SDC Carts

tim lindner tlindner at macmess.org
Sat Nov 8 15:14:49 EST 2014

On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Steven Hirsch <snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you clarify whether a complete set of parts is in the final state
> required before piecing them together, or if any further drilling or
> fabrication is required.  I don't mind tightening a few screws, but I'm
> wondering if there's something I'm not understanding?

I had this in my original email. The stand off lengths have been updated.

So a complete set would be:

Top and bottom plate.
3 x 0.5 inch #6 machine screws
3 x 0.25 inch #6 machine screws
1 x stand off 11/16 inch tall, 0.25 OD, Nylon
2 x stand off 1/8 inch tall, 0.25 OD, Nylon
2 x stand off 1/2 inch tall, 0.25 OD, Nylon

Those stand off length are for plastic plate 3mm thick.

This would be the assembly instructions:

1. The holes in the plates are all pilot holes, drill them all to size
to fit the screws.
2. Using a 1/4 inch drill bit, counter sink the outside of each hole
so the screw sits flush.
3. Attach the 11/16 inch tall stand off to the top plate in the center
hole with a 1/4 inch screw.
4. Attach the 2, 1/2 inch tall stand offs to the top plate in the two
end holes with 1/4 inch screws.
5. Attach the 2, 1/8 inch tall stands offs in the bottom plate in the
two end holes with 1/2 inch screws.
6. Place the PCB on top of the bottom plate, aligning the two end holes.
7. Bring the top plate together with the bottom plate, aligning center
stand off and the two end screws.
8. Screw the two end bottom plate screws to the two top plate stand offs.
9. Screw the center stand off to the bottom plate with a 1/2 inch screw.

tim lindner