[Coco] OS-9 is not for me

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Fri Nov 7 09:59:37 EST 2014

I don't use nitros at all either. I find it rather difficult to use and
understand. For me the coco is a toy I drag out every now and then to play
with and then pack up until the mood moves me to drag it out again. Over the
years the amount of time between the times I drag it out to play is getting
longer and longer and the amount of time I do use it is getting shorter.
That means everything I learn about nitros9 is forgotten in between use and
for some reason I find it harder and harder to pick up again when I try.

These days I simply use it with DECB and use drivewire to save the silly
little basic programs that don't really do anything useful but I like to
write anyhow! :-) For the last few years my big "project" was writing a
reasonably fast (for some definition of reasonably fast) routine for shuffling
a deck of cards. Before that I wrote the program I always wanted back in the
day for rolling dice for D&D. Funny thing is I don't have any card games in mind
to shuffle the cards for and I haven't played D&D since I was 20!

The Other Frank