[Coco] CocoSDC

Mark D. Overholser apple2 at markoverholser.com
Fri Nov 7 02:01:58 EST 2014

On 10/9/2014 09:17, Zippster wrote:
> Hi Darren (and group),
>
> << SNIP >>
>
> I’d like to make available to list members either…
>
> PCB’s and programmed chips to those who would like to assemble these themselves,
> or assembled boards for those that don’t.
>
> This would be done for as close to actual cost as possible.
>
> If this will work, I’d like to start collecting a list of who wants what, in order to gauge how
> many boa	rds will need to be ordered.
>
> - Ed

Darren A, Zippster ( and group )

Darren A, thanks for designing this SDC board!!!  Zippster, thanks for
being Production Manager for another run of these SDC Boards!!!  A
fantastic Kit, and an Incredible Price, for all that you get!!!!

I just picked up my Two SDC Kits from my Mail Box...  Spent an Hour and
a Half, Part Checking, Test Fitting, and Soldering Components...
Everything was Perfect!!!!  It Booted up the First Time..

( I only had to look at Zippster's Pictures to install the Electrolytic
Capacitor correctly, since I am use to seeing little Negative Signs on
my Caps, and these don't have them.. And I had to try the LED, before
Soldering it in, That Cathode/Anode thing...  Turned it around, and then
it Worked Fine...)   Then again, I have Hand Assembled boards like this
for Work, so I knew what Pit-Falls to avoid, like starting with the
Shortest Components, first, then the Taller Ones..

I am fairly new to CoCo's, it has just been a little over a year for me
with a "stock" CoCo 3, and more recently, a "stock" 64K CoCo 2 with
Extended Basic.  I still need to Buy Me/Make Me a Drive Wire Cable, but,
in the mean time, I can use the SDC to copy Disk Images found on the
'net to my Floppy's....

Very Many, Thanks Again......

MarkO