[Coco] Another SDC Case Attempt

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Nov 7 00:15:37 EST 2014

On Thursday 06 November 2014 23:01:06 tim lindner did opine
And Gene did reply:
> First off, thanks to Darren (for creating) and Zippster (for the second
> run) for making the SDC avaiable again.
>
> Now here is another attempt at an SDC Case. I've fixed the size to
> perfectly match the SDC board. And I decided to etch the SDC type (and
> arrow) into the top plate.
>
> http://www.macmess.org/images/170_0989-x.jpg
> http://www.macmess.org/images/170_0987-x.jpg
> http://www.macmess.org/images/170_0985-x.jpg

That's downright sexy Tim, I like.

> If you want to make your own:
>
> http://www.macmess.org/downloads/CoCo-SDC-CADs.zip

Is the gcode (rs274d) to drive a real milling machine in this archive?

Downloaded, Thanks Tim and no machine driver code.  Now ghostscript can
display the .eps files ok, but what the heck is an .ai file?  I can't get
mc's hex viewer to show me more that 2 bytes of a 600k file.  Doesn't
report an error, just doesn't do it.

I could probably make that out of lexan (with a new carbide mill, that
stuff is TOUGH! and some standoffs.  But what do I do with an .ai file?

We have tracing programs that can generate gcode, but I'd have to ask on
the linuxcnc list if we have something that can read an .eps and make std
milling machine code out of it.

> I've given up on the walled Sintra case. The material is way too soft.
> A screwdriver can dent it. I was hoping a few coats of varnish would
> provide a nice hard shell, but it didn't.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)