[Coco] Ownership of NitOS-9

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 6 16:47:49 EST 2014

On 7/11/2014 7:39 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> The first os9 user frustration comes from the inability to change the shell
> background color and the fact that black over green is not a good choice
> when most of the people use monochrome.
>
> The second frustration is that everything you want to run needs a different
> setup: sierra games needs vdg drivers, multivue needs win drivers, and you
> end up without memory soon.

The screen colors choice is crap but I did manage to put the required
DISPLAY 1B etc commands in the startup and I have it as a easy
-to-look-at green on black. Why it's set to this, I don't know, there
must be a reason I suppose.

What wasted more of my time is using ED until I discovered BUILD and I
just made a new startup file from scratch.

I also needed to set the clock from 60hz to 50hz.

The drivers are a cause for making something like a quick evaluation of
a piece of software in to a major endevour for someone not a seasoned user.

Too many rough edges and when I evaluate what the final outcome to be, I
usually find that it's too slow or too ugly.

That's when the RESET button comes in handy!  :)

Nick