[Coco] The difference between /SD0 and /D0

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Nov 6 14:27:14 EST 2014

On 6/11/2014 8:30 AM, Darren A wrote:
> They are not mutually exclusive. The controller supports two simultaneously
> mounted disk images (0 and 1). These images can be accessed either through
> the native LBA mode or through emulation of the floppy controller hardware.
>
> Darren

I'm a bit confused...

I mount my Nitros-9 image into Drive 0. This is 4608K in size.

I then mount my MultiVue disk into Drive 1. This is 360K in size.

I boot NitrOS-9 and I can read the first disk as /sd0 fine, no problems.

I can also read the second as /sd1, no problems.

It seems I should not use /d0 or /d1 because I will lose all disk access.

Should I use /sd0 and /sd1 instead of /d0 & /d1?

Should the /d0 and /d1 devices be removed from the boot so they are not
used?

How do I tell what image is a LBA and which are the other?

Nick