[Coco] Ownership of NitOS-9

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 5 16:49:58 EST 2014

Well, technically, Bill and I did get 225 scanlines for 40 and 80 column text screens going - although, we only made it 25 lines, but with an extra scanline between lines (to space the lines out more), which made it much easier to read. the graphics modes did x25 text lines (199 scanlines, which should have been 200, but the GIME didn’t do that properly).
:-p

There were also different versions of REL in the kernal that let you boot up in 32, 40 or 80 columns for the main boot screen. The TERM device descriptor in your OS9/NitrOS9 boot determines what mode the first actually running shell comes up in, which you can make any size/colors you want.

Autoexec is already in there, unless someone has removed that functionality of the years since I last worked on it. It was part of CC3Go, in stock OS-9 and Nitros9 (rename any executable to “autoex” and it would run automatically).

We had started some research into getting the 225 line graphics modes working (by mapping another 8K block into GrfDrv’s MMU map), but we never did finish that before we ended up not having time to develop NitrOS9 anymore.

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net