[Coco] I think now I have a final design

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 11:47:10 EST 2014

That's the main difference between a FPGA and a convetional programming
approach.

On FPGA, everything runs on the clock beat, at the rising or falling edge.
There is no way to say: enough go to next pixel.

Also, the video is a stream of analog pulses. I cannot go to the next
pixel, I need to wait the time until the next pixel comes in, so the time
is sliced between 8 ticks, in fact I need 7 tests as i don't need to test
against 0V.

And FPGA is someway a combinational logic. If you put too many branches for
the same inputs, you create something very heavy or it just stops working.

I have 3 channels to read. Each channel is independent and I don't want to
have 3 different DACs. They must be tested at the very same time, so I made
a clock that will slice each pixel in 8.

Luis Felipe Antoniosi