[Coco] tandy info

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Nov 3 10:05:27 EST 2014

On Monday 03 November 2014 02:42:34 Josh Harper via Coco did opine
And Gene did reply:
> hi guys
>
> im just curious,does any happen to know who currenly ownsthe rights to
> tandy computer division
>
> what I know is
>
> radio shack sold its computer division to AST Research then  AST was
> taken over by Samsung then Samsung sold the ast name then ast merged
> with Nec

That is more than I knew about it Josh.  In any event, you can guess
correctly that by now there is no one at Nec who even knows what a Tandy
Color Computer is, or that they might have some IP rights to it.

When these 'takeovers' take place, the new brooms are not interested in
keeping paper on something they have no interest in pursuing as a
profitable venture, and tons of old paper goes to the landfill.

My old timers guess is that we can do as we darned well please.  That is
the question in the back of your mind I assume?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)