[Coco] Making a new cartridge case for the SDC

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 19:54:12 EST 2014

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 5:45 PM, tim lindner <tlindner at macmess.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Darren A <mechacoco at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Very nice...BUT if you used measurements taken from the internal fixtures
> > of an FD-501 case, the results will not be so good for a CoCo SDC board.
> > While it looks pretty much identical from the outside, the FD-502 case is
> > different internally with the center support post moved further back.
>
> Uh, oh! :)
>
> Yes all I had is a 501 case.
>
> How much an offset are we talking?

I don't know the exact measurements, but you can see a picture of an SDC
board sitting inside an FD-501 case here:

<http://tandycoco.com/blog/testing-darren-atkinsons-sdc-floppy-emulator/>

You will notice that the rear of the board is recessed too far inside the
case for easy access to the the card slot and push-button, and the LED
won't be visible.  Also the drill holes for the two mounting screws don't
line up.

Darren