[Coco] Init v3.3.0 contains incorrect version number for build

David Ladd dladd at realmspire.com
Sat May 31 10:01:24 EDT 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Greg Law wrote:
> > Tormod Volden wrote:Greg, thanks for this wonderful explanation and
> workaround!
>
> However, to me, building software with elevated privileges sounds like
> FAIL :)
>
> I am not sure there is any great need for using soft links in the
> NitrOS-9 build either, other than saving disk space. So another
> alternative would be to build with something like SOFTLINK=cp.
>
> Kip, that would be for instance:
>  make dsk SOFTLINK=cp
>
> Maybe we can detect a Cygwin environment in the makefile and set
> SOFTLINK to cp in that case.
>
> Regards,
> Tormod

Well the other option I used to get around using Cygwin or MinGW was to
just use Linux in a VM. Then the next option is a old notebook or netbook
that isn't being used and just putting Linux on that and then you can build
all NitrOS-9, Toolshed, and LWTools without problems that way.

Thats my 2cents worth anyway.

--
David Ladd