[Coco] Mini Disk Drive 26-3029

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Fri May 30 08:55:58 EDT 2014

Spencer via Coco wrote:
> Greetings all.
>
> Yesterday I received this drive from ebay and I set it up as disk1 on the chain.  When issuing commands dir1 and dskini1 I keep receiving ?IO Error.  Can this drive be repaired?  Or does it need a good dust cleaning on the inside?  If it can be repaired any ideas on a company that can repair it?
>
> Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,  Spencer

Just a remainder that the drives are numbered 0-3 NOT 1-4. So when you "set it
up as disk1 on the chain" that should mean it became the second drive.
With a single drive, there is only one reason why you would install the drive as
the second drive on the chain; the drive is a 3.5" PC drive.

So what type of drive are you using? Is it connected in the first or second
position on the cable? As the only drive, does it have a termination resistor
block installed? Does the drive spin and the drive light come on when you try to
access it?

Robert