[Coco] KIDS REACT TO OLD COMPUTERS

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu May 29 18:49:06 EDT 2014

To all the comments on modern vs vintage computers and their "even the ordinary housewife can click an icon and start a fight on facebook" operating systems, ironically..........

WE DID THIS !!!!

That is, "we" as members of the beginning of the computer age...
We demanded more memory... we demanded faster CPUs... we demanded better graphics... we demanded total control... we demanded mousable GUIs....

So... they gave it to us, we demanded/wrote/designed and engineered... what has become the very thing we desired, but now hate! The modern day "idiot box".... In our day it was the "TV".

Seen any idiots lately?
Like the guy who was walking down the sidewalk and walked right out into traffic because he didn't see the "Don't Walk" sign blinking because he was reading a text message.... and who got ran over by the woman who didn't see the caution light cause she was posting on facebook about how bad the traffic was while she was driving....

Yep... we did this folks.
But we didn't make the idiots, they did that on their own :-)

Bill Pierce

http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/
Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com