[Coco] KIDS REACT TO OLD COMPUTERS

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 29 16:36:18 EDT 2014

Have computers really changed that much?

They still operate in much the same fundamental way as that Apple II
does. They have a CPU, RAM, video output, sound etc.

But they have become faster, bigger and lower cost... to be expected in
the advancement of technology.

The UI... the face of it all... is what's been advanced so that to the
average person it all looks so different and more understandable.

When we click on an icon, it still issues instructions to an operating
system just in the way typing a verbal command at a command prompt. Just
a different way of doing much the same thing.

(I am generalizing but you get my point)

Nick