[Coco] Using Robert Gault's swread in VCC

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed May 28 23:10:11 EDT 2014

Ed Orbea wrote:
> I am using VCC ver 1.43beta to access a VHD under NitrOS9 3.3.0. I've
> followed RObert;s directions form 2008 regarding EnuDsk, VEmuDsk, ect and
> everything boots and works perfectly, except swread,
> What is the syntac for using this command and what dependencies does it
> have?
>
> Thanks
> +----------------+
> *Ed Orbea*
> Poulsbo, WA

You first need to adjust VCC so that the clock is accessed equivalent to a Disto
clock. This is done via the menubar
Cartridge/FD-502 Config/clock at 0xFF50-51
This is required for both the normal and Becker versions of VCC.

I have two versions of swread, one for Basic and one for OS-9. Under Basic, once
you RUN"SWREAD" you access the data with the new string DATE$, ex. PRINT DATE$.
Under OS-9 the best way to use swread is to set it update the system clock every
5 minutes. In startup
swread 5 <>>>/2&
That will set the system clock with automatic updates every 5 minutes. The date
and time is accessed as normal with   data -t  .

The software can also be used with MESS with MESS set for a Disto clock.

Robert