[Coco] creating real disks from drivewire

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 10:11:11 EDT 2014

Freaking auto-correct uggghh.

On May 25, 2014 9:10 AM, Chad H <chadbh74 at hotmail.com> wrote:
If you REALLY want to boot DW-NitrOS9 from a real floppy, I have disk that does that, sort of.   You DOS from the physical Philly and a few seconds into the boot, it switches to your NitrOS9 image in the DW4 server to finish the boot.

On May 23, 2014 5:29 PM, Tormod Volden <lists.tormod at gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, May 24, 2014 at 12:04 AM, keithclark wrote:
> Ok, I have Drivewire 4 working great now, but I have to keep loading a .wav
> file of HDBDOS to get things started.  I like to run NITROS09 but is it
> possible to somehow copy it over to my physical drive and boot that way?

You can copy DWDOS to an RSDOS floppy and load and boot NitrOS-9 over
DriveWire from that. It is a bit faster than loading HDBDOS just for
running "DOS". But I don't see why you have to load HDBDOS from tape
if you have a physical drive (floppy drive I suppose?), so maybe I am
missing something.

DWDOS would also be a much smaller .wav than HDBDOS.

Tormod