[Coco] VCC Experience

David Ladd dladd at realmspire.com
Fri May 23 09:51:43 EDT 2014

Bill,

The /Nx is actually used for a lot more then just Midi.  Normally from what
I have used and seen is you use /N in a program.  You send the
corresponding AT commands to it just like you would a serial port and you
tell DW4 server either you want to listen on a specific port # or you want
to call a IP address and port #.

DW4 server itself is what does all the TCP work.  As far as the OS-9
drivers goes it is all basically a raw tunnel for your software to
communicate without the headache of dealing with the overhead of TCP
packets.

At least that is my understanding of how the /Nx system works.  This is
also how the OS9BBS and a telnet login works is using the /N.

--
David Ladd