[Coco] what happened to DIR?

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Wed May 21 00:05:37 EDT 2014

Hi Gene,

here's the output of dir_9 with the -? option

use: dir [opts] {dir1 dir2 ..} [{file name list}] [opts]
   -e  Extended directory listing
   -x  Execution directory listing
   -s  Sorted listing, alpha numeric order
   -u  Unformatted listing
   -w  Re-Write sorted directory
   -h  Help
   -n<=dir> Search names, <in named directory>, optional
   -r<=num> Recursive listing of directorys, <num=level>, optional

The docunt file seems to indicate that any empty directory entries left
by the sort are cleaned up when the -w (rewrite) option is used.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia